Musk said via his Twitter account on Friday that the firm would start compensating platform content producers with ad revenue starting today. According to him, creators would be paid for the advertisements in people’s Twitter replies.
Musk added a condition in a subsequent post: To participate in the ad income split program, the author must first sign up for a paid Twitter Blue subscription ($8 on the web, $11 on iOS devices).
The Twitter Blue requirement aside, this sounds like an excellent deal for creators! The fact that Twitter is the only central platform that doesn’t pay creators has long been one of the company’s top criticisms from Twitter’s most influential users. Public ad revenue share-based monetization programs are available for YouTube, Facebook, and even TikTok. Musk claims that’s finally altering.
Elon Musk’s Plan for Monetization for Content Creators
Although Twitter, a social media platform mostly centered on text, it eventually did take a while to warm up to the creator economy. In recent years, the company added a few features to help content producers monetize their work, such as Super Follows, Ticketed Spaces, and a unique monetization dashboard.
Musk is interested in incorporating an advertising income share into the mix, contrary to Twitter’s creator features, which emphasize connecting creators and their followers directly through monthly paid subscriptions and tickets.
Twitter’s Monetization Plan
There are several methods to make money off the information you create on Twitter, whether Tweets, videos, or Spaces. Scroll down to find some of the newest tools that can help you generate income and advice from other creators and social media experts.
How to make money?
Amplify Pre-Roll and Amplify Sponsorships are two video monetization programs offered by Twitter. To show pre-roll with your premium video content shared on Twitter, use the Amplify Pre-Roll program, an opt-in advertising tool.
The service was developed to make it simple for Twitter publishers to monetize their video content and for brand-safe material to match advertisers.
How can I monetize my tweets?
Super Follows can assist you in generating monthly revenue by allowing you to charge a monthly subscription fee for extra content and interaction. You choose the added content and interactivity, as well as the price, which ranges from $2.99 to $9.99.
Most Important: Make sure to provide a monthly subscription that will enable you to generate income and develop stronger relationships with your Twitter followers. Enable Tips on your Twitter profile so your followers can tip you. With Tips, an app available on both iOS and Android, you may make money by accepting payments from third parties. And the best part is that Twitter will never ask for cuts from your tips.
How Can The Creators Benefit from Twitter’s Monetization Program?
YouTube is often recognized as the finest platform for consistently making money from videos since it has long shared revenue with its creative community. In addition to recently introducing revenue sharing for YouTube Shorts, a competitor to TikTok in the short form, the firm pays out 55% of the money from on-channel advertisements.
Several businesses, most notably Meta, have been sluggish in adopting this monetization model. With TikTok Pulse, which was only made available to accounts with at least 100,000 followers—a high cutoff—TikTok recently unveiled its ad income-sharing arrangement. The ad revenue-sharing model is even less frequent in services that emphasize text more than video.
The income from the advertising in their replies will start going to Twitter Blue Verified creators.
What are Twitter’s Creator Monetization Standards?
Elon Musk withheld certain information about this program, including how to sign up, how to ascertain eligibility, and the amount of the reward, but it is anticipated that this information will be available on the Twitter Creators Monetization page. The new program is one of several modifications. In terms of monetization, bans, rule changes, and ad revenue, Twitter has seen drastic changes. The API, formerly accessible for free and helpful for developing bot programs, has recently been commercialized with a high cost for what is now known as “premium access.”
Twitter has undergone several changes recently, some more perplexing and chaotic than others. Still, at first glance, creators’ ad revenue appears promising. Keep tuned as we keep you updated on new developments and changes in the Elon Musk era of Twitter.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Twitter Monetization?
- The following criteria must be met by creators using Twitter for monetization:
- You must be a citizen of a nation where Twitter’s monetization initiatives are accessible.
- You must be at least eighteen.
- A Twitter account that has been used regularly for at least three months is required.
- You must have a complete profile with a header image, account name, bio, and profile picture.
- A confirmed email address is required. Discover the steps for email address verification.
- You must have used two-factor authentication to secure your account. How to enable two-factor authentication is explained.
- You cannot be assigned a media account with a state affiliation.
You need to be in Twitter’s good standing, which entails the following:
- You haven’t consistently disregarded Twitter’s Content Monetization Guidelines or User Agreement.
- You have not previously had your Twitter advertising account suspended for breaking our Advertising standards or your Twitter publisher account suspended for breaking our Amplify Pre-Roll Guidelines.
- Your profile must display a genuine identity. As a result, you are not permitted to use the identity of another person (fictional or real), brand, or organization unless they are closely related to your company or brand or unless it is a false identity used to trick people. Parody, fan, and commentary accounts are included here.
- You need a verified Stripe account connected.
- Subscribers’ additional requirements (Get more information on Subscriptions)
- Keep 10,000 or more active followers.
So far, it is good news for the content creators as they now have options to get earned. However, following guidelines that can help them meet eligibility criteria is important. Just like other sources, you need to be consistent while posting your content and engaging with your audience on Twitter.