Digital marketing has helped modern businesses reach new heights. Digital marketing helps to boost traffic, attract customers, promote the brand, and interact with the teams, or audience. Hence, it is important to know about each type of Digital Marketing.
To help you, here is the guide that will enable you to choose the correct type of digital marketing trend to attain your objectives and how they add value to your business.
How Digital Marketing Is Essential For a Business?
Digital marketing uses all marketing strategies that use the Internet as a medium to connect to the audience. For example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, newsletters and emails are the popular channels of Digital marketing that help to connect to the audience.
Digital marketing offers several ways and equal opportunities for businesses to grow and interact with clients. It is a relevant way to attain meaningful results in business. Therefore, it is important to understand the strategies and channels of digital marketing to attain the desired result.
8 Types Of Digital Marketing
1. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): SEO is one of the most important types of digital marketing for a business. It makes sure that your web pages or blog appears at the top of the search results of search engines. The search engine optimization method involves emphasizing specific keywords or phrases within your content so that the content features on the popular search trends.
For example, if you deal in the watch business and want to use SEO to target the audience, then the content on your webpage should frequently use words like “buy a watch”, “buy watch online”, “best watch collection online”. More usage of these keywords in the content results in a higher ranking of your website or blogs on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). As a result, a higher-ranking of website is good for your business.
However, it is also important not to overdo these keywords. Inserting keywords just for the sake of search engine results can hamper the quality of content. Therefore, make sure to maintain the quality of your content for SEO to be helpful.
2. Content Marketing: It is a type of digital marketing that involves creating and promoting different types of content that adds value to the target audience. The content should be of high quality and informative. It can be a blog, multimedia, videos social media posts, or podcasts.
Content marketing helps boost sales, and builds brand goodwill and trust. Therefore, for content marketing to perform well, your content must be useful and target the right audience. Content marketing is an effective source of digital marketing and businesses use it for various reasons. However, the most common purpose is to convert visitors into leads. And, this can be possible only if the content aligns with digital marketing strategies.
3. Social Media Marketing (SMM): It is a type of digital marketing that focuses on promoting a brand on several social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It helps to boost traffic to a website, generate leads, and increase brand reputation.
Social media channels are a great way to promote products to your followers and interact with customers. Interacting with followers on social media ensures engagement with the brand. This further helps to experience positive feedback and customer loyalty.
4. Email Marketing: It is one of the most effective types of Digital Marketing. Email marketing involves sending emails to your client to promote the business. The most commonly used method of email marketing is to use a newsletter. Websites ask consumers to sign up for the newsletter when they visit a website. You could then use this platform to keep them updated about your products and services.
5. Mobile Marketing: Today, people use their smartphones more than any other device. Therefore, businesses use mobiles to promote business to target the right consumers.
Mobile marketing has two main ways- via an app or SMS. Using apps is the most popular method among users. People are most likely to engage with your app than with the website. Therefore, apps must be simple, interactive and user-friendly. To keep consumers updated about the products and services, you can also send regular push notifications through the app. Meanwhile, SMS are helpful for people who don’t own a smartphone. Through SMS, people get aware of special offers and coupons.
6. Affiliate Marketing: It involves partnering with other individuals or companies under the agreement that they promote your product. In return, affiliate marketers receive a commission from each lead generated. Affiliate marketing is a great way to expand your reach and reduce the costs of promotion. However, this type of digital marketing requires more extensive monitoring because you are making someone else responsible for your brand’s reputation.
7. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: It is the method of paid advertising to drive traffic to your website. Marketers place advertisements on search engines (such as Google or Bing) or websites and pay the publishers each time the visitor clicks an ad. It enables your websites to feature on top slots on Google’s SERPs. For example, Facebook and Twitter ad campaigns have paid ads.
8. Video Marketing: This type of digital marketing helps to drive results through interactive videos. A lot of content is present on the video marketing channels like YouTube. For example, entertainment, news, how to do something, educational content, recipes, DIYs, and much much more.
Most of the people look at videos to know more about some products or services, their reviews, and how to use them. Hence, video marketing helps to increase sales and make the process more simple.
Content Marketing, Affiliate marketing, email marketing, SEO, SEM, Video marketing, Mobile marketing and Pay per click.
B2B (business-to-business), is the exchange of products, services or information between businesses, rather than between businesses and consumers (B2C).
A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity that deals in commercial, industrial, or professional activities.